VIEWs and Zone Transfers

Alexander Ottl aottl at mpmail.net
Sat Feb 10 21:10:34 UTC 2001

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com wrote:

>         Use transfer-source to specify different IP addresses on the
>         slave that fall within the different views.

It is still unclear to me how NOTIFY might be made to work in this
scenario.
Which version of the zone will be reloaded upon NOTIFY?
Also: Does transfer-source implicitly change the query-source of the
slave's SOA query?
I seem to remember so, but I'm not sure.

Could you shed some light on this?

--
Alexander Ottl
Media Professionals AG           Tel.: +49 (89) 51554-169