MX records

David Gamache dag at dagnetsolutions.com
Tue Feb 13 12:23:56 UTC 2001

Hi Again,

I was asked a good question regarding the MTA in relation to my MX problem.
These items are about my mail server, but I think they reduce but not remove
the need to look at the mail server as the problem cause.  They were the
first things I looked at when the problem was seen.

The MTA I am using is: Post.Office MTA v3.5.2

I am not an open relay, but I do allow anything from either server to send
email through the firstserver.

In my allowed relays, following my example from my previous post, I list:
1.2.3.0

Post.Office routing options:
The domain names in the Local Mail Domains: (for which absolute authority is
claimed) following my previous example, it is listed like this:
somebody.com

Sorry for all the MTX info in a bind list, but I think it helps clarify what
has already been looked at.

Thank you for your help,
David Gamache