Delegation of CIDR Block

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Tue Feb 13 15:35:11 UTC 2001

> This only works if they are all part of rev.cust.com. Is there
> anyway to do
> it reguardless of the domain it's under? A friend has the same problem. He
> wrote the code and is hosting 20 different domains. He only
> bought 32 IP's.
> Is their any similer move for multiple domains?

No, as long they are all administrated by the same person/team, it should not
matter into which zone they are CNAMEd.

If you really want to further 'delegate' administration (note quotes to mark non-standard
usage of the verb delegate!), he could add another layer of CNAMES from rev.cust.com
to whatever zone they should be in. BUT:
	a) CNAMES chains are not nice and they add one more lookup for each reverse
	address, NOT GOOD
	b) There is a limit on CNAME chains, Ithink it's 8 (have to look it up).
	c) It gets more confusing.

	"I would advise against it, but it can be done" (TM)

Mathias