Domain not resolving outside network

Spart spart at jedinights.com
Wed Feb 14 08:14:33 UTC 2001

I've got BIND 9.1 installed on a RH 7.1beta box that's sitting on a 2
machine network.

The box with BIND installed is the gateway, NS, www, and mail server.  It is
setup as the master server for brightloop.com.  dig, whois, and nslookup
queries resolve the domain correctly from inside the network, but it does
not work from outside.

There are no syslog errors and the domain resolves correctly from within the
network so I don't think it is a zone file syntax error.

I tried doing a whois from netsol.com and I got "Domain not found in remote
registrar whois".

I have listen-on 24.43.226.102 (eth0 ip) and 192.168.1.1 (eth1 ip).

I don't know how to diagnose this problem further, and would greatly
appreciate some help.

Thank you,

Ben Bekele