DNS /Bind / Named/ Redhat /Help

M_THACH_XUAN marc.thach at radianz.com
Wed Feb 14 10:15:40 UTC 2001

I did this on RH 6.1:
binaries were in /usr/local/sbin so I hard-linked them into /usr/sbin.  My
named is started via the rc.d files.  My kernel is 2.2.nn so I then altered the
/etc/init.d/named script so that named was not called with -u.  I notice that
this script also does a test -f on the binaries so symbolically linked binaries
will not start out of this script file.  If you are starting named out of the
rc.d files then you may need to change to hard links.
Marc Thach Xuan Ky
marc.thach at radianz.com