9.1.0 upgrade

Sears, Robert Sears at nlmoc.navy.mil
Fri Feb 16 19:53:55 UTC 2001

 Thanks to all your help I am almost up and running on BIND 9.1.0. I have
two questions that may or may not be a problem.

After I converted my old named.boot file to named.conf I ran the
named-checkconf utility. It returned this message "the default for the
'auth-nxdomain' option is now no"
I read that this has something to do with negative response caching, did I
turn something off that I was not supposed too?

Also will this syntax from my old db.name file work in BIND9.1.0 for the TTL
requirements?

@ IN  SOA xxxxx.xxxx.com. postmaster.xxxxx.xxxx.com.. ( 20010130 7200 3600
604800 86400 )
 IN  NS  xxxxx1.xxxx.com.