BIND 9 and HP-UX

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Feb 16 20:53:44 UTC 2001

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 11:02:32AM -0500, Jay W. Reffner wrote:
> > From: Paco Orozco <forozco at ecom5.eresmas.com>
> > Subject: BIND 9 and HP-UX
> > Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:36:44 +0100
> >
> > I'm trying to install BIND 9 in a HP-UX (10.20), but it seems to be
> > impossible, Has anyone try it? Does it work?
> >
> > Thanks in advanced
> You need to get a real compiler.  I ran into problems with the standard
> compiler that comes with HPUX 11.0 (which sucks).  I couldn't get gcc to
> work so I had to purchase HP's real ANSI/C compiler and then it worked
> without a hitch.
>
> Jay

HP clearly says that the only thing that the compiler included with the
base-level system is intended to do is re-compile the kernel.  Nothing
else is guaranteed to work with it.  [Scary, isn't it?]

Gcc can also be compiled with it, Ralf Hildebrandt reminded me.  ;-}

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B