Bind 9 and sdb

jps jps at 7ways.net
Tue Feb 20 11:23:32 UTC 2001

>hi,
>
>I have the same problem, i have just written a mysql sdb driver but the
>nameserver dies whenever a recursion lookup is attempted, the recursion is
>generated when a delegated name server record is looked up..

In fact, I tried fist my own mysql sdb driver. but it constantly crashes.

I then tried the pgsqldb.c sample provided *as is* and got the same
crashes.

I tried this code on LinuxPPC 2000, on YellowDog PPC 1.2.1, and on RedHat
6.2 on Pentium, and got the same results.

since you have the same problem, I sincerely believe now there's a bug
in the generic sdb driver...

>ie subdomain IN NS ns.anotherplace.com.
>
>a backtrace shows:
>
>#0  dns_rdata_clone (src=0xdededede, target=0xff0b1b28) at rdata.c:369
>369             REQUIRE(DNS_RDATA_VALIDFLAGS(src));
>(gdb) bt
>#0  dns_rdata_clone (src=0xdededede, target=0xff0b1b28) at rdata.c:369
>#1  0xe5fcc in isc__rdatalist_current (rdataset=0xdededede,
>rdata=0xff0b1b28) at rdatalist.c:124
>#2  0xe67e4 in dns_rdataset_current (rdataset=0x6c93360, rdata=0xff0b1b28)
>at rdataset.c:254
>#3  0xea12c in fctx_getaddresses (fctx=0x6c932a8) at resolver.c:1440
>#4  0xea8b0 in fctx_try (fctx=0x6c932a8) at resolver.c:1687
>#5  0xeb8f8 in fctx_start (task=0x0, event=0x6c932f8) at resolver.c:1960
>#6  0x19b348 in dispatch (manager=0x2203d0) at task.c:845
>#7  0x19b60c in run (uap=0x2203d0) at task.c:974
>
>Disabling recursion will prevent the coredump...

btw, thanks for the recursion trick. my NS doesn't recurse (:

 - Jean-Pierre.