BIND9.1 not able to answer querys

Wendell Brown wbrown at mci.net
Thu Feb 22 16:49:08 UTC 2001

	Can someone look at some buffer captures for the named process to see if it
can be gleamed why the BIND 9.1 release quits processing new queries? It is
running on a Solaris 2.6 single processor system, acting as a secondary. It
had been running since Feb 6 without incident until today. I captured a
truss -c -p, a truss -p output and a netstat -a -n output. It seems that
some semaphore is constantly being watched awaiting a release of some
resource. Also note that the UDP port *.53 is not in the netstat list. Does
this imply that it was trying to pass a query off and never returned to
listen again? Much headscratching here. Any other things I can do to see
what might be going on? I have left the named process in this state to allow
furthur investigation without restarting it.

Thanks,
Wendell Brown

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat