non-authoratative domains

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Feb 22 23:59:24 UTC 2001

One ugly way is to create a zone for each name, e.g. foo.xyz.com could be a
zone by itself. You could even set up one box as master for foo.xyz.com and
the others could be slaves, so that you only have to maintain that zone in one
place. If the number of such names grows large, then named.conf maintenance
becomes horrendous.

I guess I don't quite understand how you can have access to your extranet
partner's network for web access but *not* for DNS. Are they blocking
DNS queries from your network? Why? With "partners" like that...

- Kevin