BindNT Newbie Help

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Feb 24 01:21:02 UTC 2001

I suspect that you are mixing web concepts and DNS concepts here. DNS names
don't run "scripts". Presumably, what you want is for any URL specifying, in
its domain part, any name in a given domain, to be handled by the same web
server running a particular CGI/Javascript/whatever "script". The DNS part of
that can be accomplished with a wildcard entry. That's sufficient to get all of
the HTTP requests to the same webserver. The web part of it then needs to be
handled in your webserver configuration.

- Kevin