Bind9.1.0 and its named.conf file (type thing)

Jeff Medcalf medcalf at caerdroia.org
Sun Feb 25 23:13:29 UTC 2001

On 2/25/01 1:33 PM, Johnny Damtoft spake thus:

>Hi folks ..
>
>Bind9.1.0, wants the named.conf file to be in a specific way.
>
>I have some zones there the "type" is in the end of the zone. Bind9.1.0
>whats it in the top of the zone.
>
>Is there anyway tell bind9 that the "type" may be where ever it wants? or is
>that not posible?
>
>Regards Johnny.

You could modify lib/dns/config/confparser.y and recompile, but I would
suggest some prior understanding of lexers and yacc.

Perhaps the easier thing to do would be to modify your domain stanzas.
If you have a lot, you could write a script to automate making the
changes.

-jeff