secondary updates

meganet DOMAINREG domainreg at meganet.net
Mon Feb 26 20:47:37 UTC 2001

I'm getting the following in my primary name server, for secondary zones
only
"refresh_callback: zone x.x.x.x#53 timeout" and "retries exceeded". It's not
pulling down
the info for the secondary zones, these secondary zones are from bind 8
servers. This morning customers
called with dns problems, I try doing a lookup on the primary and nothing,
look at the
logs and "refresh_callback: zone x.x.x.x#53 timeout" from 2 AM until I
restarted it at 9 AM. This also must be causing the server not to respond to
queries or to become very slow at times.

This is what i have for options:

options {
	directory "/usr/local/named";
};

This is what the named.conf entry looks like for secondary domains.

zone "x.x.x.in-addr.arpa" {
	type slave;
	file "/secdom/x.x.x.db";
	masters {