Keep getting NOTAUTH with nsupdate TSIG

Daniel Bodea dali at dali-designs.com
Tue Jan 2 19:32:32 UTC 2001

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're a life saver!

There are some thing that should be pointed out though. First of all, the
NOTAUTH error is not really Not Authoritative. All I did was sync the dates
on the servers and all the errors disappeared. That means probably that
NOTAUTH means Not Authenticated or Not Authorised as I recall from the RFCs
as I have read them about a week ago cause I really do not see the
connection to the first description. Second, it may have been clear to a lot
of people but it wasn't to me, that the key on the client must have the same
name as the one on the server. That really blew me off the tracks for a
couple of hours.
That's about all I can remember right now but I'll be sure to share with you
any stuff that I may find, as I am pretty sure you'd do the same :)

A+ from the heart of Paris.
Daniel

92su4b$q9g at pub3.rc.vix.com...