DNS, DHCP or what?

Jeffrey C. Albro jeff at velvet.antistatic.com
Wed Jan 3 02:59:27 UTC 2001

When you say "DNS (through pump)" I think you mean that pump (a popular
linux dhcp client) returns a useable entry for /etc/resolv.conf.

I suggest you ask the administrator of you dhcp server if they honor the
hostname field.  Many do not.

You can also fix alot of this by setting up /etc/hosts correctly.

-Jeff