Need some help changing providers and nameservers

Douglas W. Palme dpalme at blackcatsolutions.com
Wed Jan 3 20:41:33 UTC 2001

I'm thinking that if I change the ns2.blackcatsolutions.com to the new ip
address and submit those changes to internic and allow a few days to pass in
order for that information to propagate through the net and then drop the
primary nameserver and move everthing over to the new site that we should be
ok....when someone queries looking for a record from the primary and cannot
find it, they should automatically go to the secondary and look for it
there....which would contain the correct ip addresses....thus fixing our
problem....

If anyone disagrees please say so and why.

Douglas