Multiple Queries in One Packet

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jan 4 02:17:49 UTC 2001

There is currently no standard way to make multiple queries in a single
packet (whatever happened to EDNS1?). But I'm not convinced that you're
interpreting the tcpdump output correctly. I think it more likely that the
"ANY" refers to the query *class*, not the query *type*. BIND 8 doesn't
handle CLASS=ANY queries very well when you configure it to deny queries by
default (which I assume you are since otherwise why would you need an
"allow-query { any; };" in your zone statement?).

- Kevin