DDNS updates for in-addr.arpa.

Bruce Campbell bruce.campbell at apnic.net
Thu Jan 4 05:32:18 UTC 2001

(ie, certain situations m

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Waltner, Steve wrote:

swaltn> I had alluded to this in the my first two e-mails, but the
swaltn> reason I want a DDNS based update mechanism, even for our
swaltn> "static" data is outlined in
swaltn>
swaltn> The zone files of dynamic zones must not be edited by
swaltn> hand. The zone file on disk at any given time may not
swaltn> contain the latest changes performed by

The key phrase in the above is 'dynamic zones must not be edited by hand'.

For one reason or another, static data may be better kept in a seperate
zone file (ie, NOC staff may keep the ISP server info in a seperate,
hand-edited file than the dynamic dialin or other zones).  As always,
TANSTAAFL.

--==--
Bruce.

BC666-AP.