name server pointing to old ip

Willie hweelee at singnet.com.sg
Thu Jan 4 11:21:58 UTC 2001

This customer of mine used to have the primary name server on a old IP
address. Then the primary name server was shifted to a new IP address. Setup
everything and did a query against the primary and secondary nameserver and
they both responded with the correct respond. Tried some of the local ISP
and they returned with the correct IP address for the primary nameserver.
But when I tried to do a query at the US server, it returned with the old ip
address. Here is a example output of the result:

; <<>> DiG 2.1 <<>> @nevyn.apnic.net ns1.cust.net ANY
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; Ques: 1, Ans: 1, Auth: 2, Addit: 1
;; QUESTIONS:
;; ns1.cust.net, type = ANY, class = IN
;; ANSWERS:
ns1.cust.net. 172800 A 192.168.128.181
;; AUTHORITY RECORDS:
CUST.NET. 172800 NS ns1.domain.com.sg.
CUST.NET. 172800 NS ns1.cust.net.
;; ADDITIONAL RECORDS:
ns1.cust.net. 172800 A 192.168.128.181
;; Total query time: 634 msec
;; FROM: us.mirror.menandmice.com to SERVER: nevyn.apnic.net 203.37.255.121
;; WHEN: Thu Jan 4 04:11:12 2001
;; MSG SIZE sent: 35 rcvd: 142

I have waited for more than 1 week thinking that the cache will expire after
that but the result is still the same.
Any idea what could I have gone wrong?

Tan Hwee Lee