name server pointing back to old ip

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Jan 4 21:06:59 UTC 2001

In article <9327tr$ms at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Tan Hwee Lee  <hweelee.tan at wingtai-iadvantage.com.sg> wrote:
>This customer of mine used to have the primary name server on a old IP
>address. Then the primary name server was shifted to a new IP address. Setup
>everything and did a query against the primary and secondary nameserver and
>they both responded with the correct respond. Tried some of the local ISP
>and they returned with the correct IP address for the primary nameserver.
>But when I tried to do a query at the US server, it returned with the old ip
>address. Here is a sample output of the result:

You are at least the third person to ask this same type of question this
week.  Doesn't anyone read the newsgroup before posting?

And furthermore, you didn't put the real name of the server in your
message, so it's impossible for anyone to diagnose the problem.  So I'm not
going to tell you what the answer is -- go read the answers that were given
to the others.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA