Somewhat simple DNS setup...

Craig Miller craiger at cwe.cx
Fri Jan 5 12:47:27 UTC 2001

Hey, Danny-

Thanks for the reply.

>          Well, avalon.net thinks it owns those IP addresses:

They do, that would be because they're my ISP. :)  The vhost.cwe.avalon.net
is the second IP assigned to my server that I use for apache's name-based
virtual hosts.  The machine in question also has an IP 12.29.146.34
(hermod.cwe.avalon.net), which is my primary IP for that box.  I really
don't have a 'complex' setup, but it's a bit more than simple, I guess.

>  So you'll need to get your PTR records fixed as well.  What nameservers
>  at cableone.net are you using?

I was bouncing off ns1.cableone.net but it's working now.  The guy I
was trying to help (a cableone customer who hosts on my server) resolve
my names finally told me that cableone has had several major outages in
the last week (like that wasn't important enough to tell me in the first
message), and I sent a letter with all the proof off to cableone support
folks, and it miraculously started working within a few hours.   :)
I never did get a reply from them, but they must have fixed something.
Everything's working great now, thanks Danny & Kevin!

Craig Miller <mailto:craiger at cwe.cx>
Owner, CWE Solutions <http://cwe.cx/>
ICQ# 43937751

Finger craiger at cwe.cx for more info and my PGP public key.

CWE's Tag-O-Matic sez:
If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?