DDNS allow-update on forward and reverse maps?

Smith, William E. Bill.Smith at jhuapl.edu
Fri Jan 5 20:18:22 UTC 2001

I personally configured the reverse zone to use allow-update and listed the
servers I wanted to allow updates from. I had to do this for W2K servers as
I continually saw unable to update reverse zone type errors.  After putting
in the allow update, they went away.  Whether they need to update the
reverse zone is another story though.

Bill Smith
<mailto:bill.smith at jhuapl.edu>
The Johns Hopkins University                    Washington DC: 240-228-5523
Applied Physics Laboratory                      MD: 443-778-5523
11100 Johns Hopkins Road                        Fax: 443-778-5727
Laurel, MD 20723-6099                           Web:
<http://www.jhuapl.edu/>