Replies to Queries

Questions Answers qanda01 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 20:04:28 UTC 2001

Thanks Kevin.
Another followup question:

Is there some documentation that exists about the
source code of BIND 8 and/or 9. I mean the
functionality contained in the files of different
modules, and so on? If so, could someone please pass
me the pointer to it? I need to hack a bit of BIND
code for my use.
Basically, I want the points :
1. where queries(especially for name-to-IP lookups)
received by named, are evaluated for their type and
where they come from
and
2. Where "answer fields" to the queries are filled up
for the query received.

Even a broad pointer to a module/sets of files to look
into, would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks people