[Fwd: MX Records Change]

Eric Leslie eric.leslie at metzgers.com
Mon Jan 8 13:09:17 UTC 2001

Bob:
Basically, the way that it was *supposed* to work, in my mind anyway, was
this way. The connection changes over, and media.metzgers.com disappears and
is replaced by corp.metzgers.com. They are the same machine (our ISDN
router) which uses NAT to translate the request for ports to the mail
server. Then, when mail is undeliverable to media.metzgers.com, it
automatically makes the connection to corp.metzgers.com.

I guess what I am trying to do is minimize down time since I couldn't
forcast when the dns change would occur, since I don't control my dns
servers.

Eric