TSIG Keys

Jon Bibeau jbibeau at c-i-s.com
Thu Jan 11 14:31:14 UTC 2001

Greetings, I was wondering if aside from the restrictions about system time
and the actual key, is there a restriction about the system used to generate
the TSIG keys... You see, I've got numerous computers going out into the
field and was using an interal system to generation 20 new keys everynight.
But I keep getting TSIG verify failure when I use them. But if I generate
the keys on the DNS server itself, they work without problem... Anyone got
any thoughts on this?

Jon Bibeau <jbibeau at c-i-s.com>

System Administrator,
CIS Technical Services
33 Main Street, Suite 303
Nashua, NH 03060
(603) 889-4684 (Local)
(603) 889-0534 (Fax)

"Some men see things the way they are and say, why?
I dream of things that never where and say, why not?"
-- Robert F. Kennedy