Non-authorative answer

Tim Maestas tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Thu Jan 11 17:05:15 UTC 2001

=09You didn't say whether the name you are looking up is
=09in a zone served by your server.  If it is not, then
=09once your server has cached the name, it will answer
=09from it's cache until the TTL expires.  Names answered
=09from a (non-authoritative) server's cache are non-authoritative.
=09
=09If the name you are looking up is in a zone that is configured
=09on your server, then you likely have errors in your zone
=09file that are cauing your nameserver to answer
=09non-authoritatively.  BIND should have logged these errors
=09when you loaded the zone. Check your logs.

-Tim