xfers deferred: 12959 !

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Jan 12 15:33:22 UTC 2001

In article <93lnb0$qc4 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,  <neggybogger at my-deja.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>Our secondary happily ACKs primary Notifys, (after primary zone SOA
>changes), but it does not then update its secondary zone. Intriguingly
>it will reload the zone periodically but stubbornly refuses to update
>its contents.
>
>An ndc status gives the following "deferred" status above which I
>suspect hints at the problem.
>
>How can an xfer get "deferred"?

Named limits the number of simultaneous SOA queries and zone transfers that
it will perform; if there are more zones that need to be updated, it will
defer them to the next time it processes slave zones (every 15 minutes).
Try increasing the serial-queries, transfers-in, and transfers-per-ns
options.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA