Generate Only Number

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Jan 12 15:38:07 UTC 2001

In article <93mh0m$32v at pub3.rc.vix.com>, SoloCDM  <deedsmis at aculink.net> wrote:
>Is it possible use "$GENERATE 1-255 xxx.xxx.xxx.$" and keep the lhs
>from adding on the domain?

If a name ends in "." then the domain isn't appended.  This works the same
with $GENERATE as it does with records entered manually.  So put a "."
after the "$":

$GENERATE 1-255 xxx.xxx.xxx.$.

I'm not sure why you would want this on the LHS, though.  It will create
names that are outside the zone of the DB file, so they'll be ignored.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA