DHCP updates with bind 9.1.0.rc1 and dhcp 3.0b2pl11

Ries van Twisk ries at franksintl.nl
Mon Jan 15 10:32:29 UTC 2001

Here is my question:

I have a printerserver that does not send a hostname.
Now I want to use dhcp with the printserver and give it
a 'static' hostname and a dynamic IP address.
For some reason I cannot give my printserver a hostname.
I tried several options in dhcp.conf, maby I missed something...

How do I setup that in my dhcp.conf?

DHCP updates to bind work great!
My Windowz workstations are updates
and can be resolved using dig.

Regards,
Ries van Twisk

This is for the developers:
DHCP and Bind compiles fine on my machine
and the above programs are doing there jobs great.
If you need any more info please mail

Linux 2.2.16-4.lfs
gcc version 2.95.2 2000000220 (Debian GNU/Lunux)
One interface at eth0