Registrar comparison

Scott Bertilson scott at nts.umn.edu
Tue Jan 16 19:21:26 UTC 2001

> Can somebody recommend the 'customer-report' style comparison of competing
> registrars? I am interested in points such as reliability, ease of use, web
> interface etc.

  We used to use Network Solutions.  We have been doing
most of our recent work with BulkRegister because of good
prices (initially) and a much more friendly web front end.
We don't manage a lot of domains, so I'm not sure if their
tools will be as effective if you have more than 100
domains.  I've been very pleaed with their customer support
over the phone...I actually get to talk to real people and
they have almost always gotten me an answer immediately.
My one unresolved concern is that they have hooks on the
web site which allow you to modify a handle, but they
don't work and they haven't given me any idea of when
it might be fixed...they tell me to create a new handle
with the corrected information and use that instead.
					Scott