Which version of BIND for AD?

Nate_Austin at cargill.com Nate_Austin at cargill.com
Tue Jan 16 22:22:39 UTC 2001

I'm guessing this has already been asked several times, but I've been
unable to find any answers on ISC's website or anywhere else.

Which version of BIND is needed to support Microsoft Active Directory?
8.1.2 or 8.2.2? Some people say 8.2.2 some say 8.1.2. I know that
support for SRV records are required. I'm not only looking for an
answer, but hopefully a URL or something where I can look at a
definitive statement from ISC (or Microsoft) stating that this version
of BIND is  required for AD.

Thanks in advance,

Nate Austin
LYNX Network Support - Cargill, Inc.