DNS server and NAT frontend

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Jan 17 02:09:38 UTC 2001

         You boss knows nothing about security.  If the box is outside the
   firewall, you are basically exposing to any and all possible attacks
   and is particularly vunerable to giving you major problems if it hosting
   internal domains.  You don't expose your internal network information
   outside the firewall.  Also routers filter out 10.x.x.x IP Addresses so
   that they don't get propogated.  In addition, you'll need to have an
   additional server inside the firewall to field internal requests or you'll
   need to open up the firewall to all of the individual internal systems
   which defeats the purpose of the firewall.

                 Danny