Changes to zone file not occuring

Matt Constance matt at informetech.com
Fri Jan 19 02:48:40 UTC 2001

We have noticed that our zone file has not been "updated" to other
servers.
Our zone file has had a few updates  since the second of Jan howevere even
though serial has been updated otheres arent seening changes.

This is causeing problems as we are trying to implement subdomains
dev. and irc. without success.

Our local network sees teh changes and updates without a problem, so it
appears just seems to be externally that the problems occurs.

We have restarted and reloaded named aswell as the server been rebooted
still to no avail.

We have successfully made changes to a clients domain chement.com.au
however not to our own.

Below is the zone file and named.conf file for review.
HAs anyone heard of or seen this problem before?

-------ZONE FILE--informetech.com---------

; informtech.com zone file
; created 2/1/01 at at ah.net
$ORIGIN informetech.com.
@       IN      SOA     informetech.com.  matt.informetech.com.
                        (2001011806 86400 3600 6048000 184600)
        IN      NS      informetech.com.
        IN      NS      NS1.telstra.net.
        IN      MX      10 mail.informetech.com.
        IN      A       203.52.96.1
$ORIGIN informetech.com.
localhost       IN      A       203.52.96.1
mail    IN      A       203.52.96.1
www     IN      A       203.52.96.1
inf     IN      A       139.130.163.43
admin   IN      A       203.52.96.1
ircsex  IN      A       203.52.96.62
irc     IN      A       203.52.96.61

*       IN      MX      10 mail.informetech.com.

---------named.conf-------
/*
 * A simple BIND 8 configuration
 */

options {
  directory "/common/named";
#  forwarders { 10.21.205.1; 10.21.205.20; };
};

logging {
        category lame-servers { null; };
        category cname { null; };
};

zone "." in {
        type hint;
        file "root.cache";
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" in {
        type master;
        file "named.local";
};

zone "informetech.com" in {
  type master;
  file "informetech.com";
};

zone "96.52.203.in-addr.arpa" in {
  type master;
  file "203.52.96";
};

zone "chement.com.au" in {
  type master;
  file "chement.com.au";
};

Matthew Constance
Phone: +61 7 3264 7399	Mobile: 0403 294 553
Fax:   +61 7 3264 7508