named quits resolving

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Fri Jan 19 18:02:53 UTC 2001

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 11:45:14AM -0600, Joy Newland wrote:
> The problem that I am having happens to all three,  named resolves for
> awhile and than quits.  It is very inconsistent, it will quit resolving
> some domain, but when I go off site it works every time.  Any ideas?

I'm afraid you'll have to give some more details. Specifically, what
does "quit resolving" mean?

Does the nameserver process stop running? Does it stay running but
when queried does it not send an answer? Does it send an answer but it's
one which you know to be incorrect?

Can you give a real example, with a real domain name and real debugging
logging output?

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "Managing 4000 customer domains with BIND has been a lot like