Error messages during zone transfer

John Aughey ajh4 at cec.wustl.edu
Sat Jan 20 04:50:37 UTC 2001

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Mathias K=F6rber wrote:
> So these on't happen during the zonetransfer, butnitial statup of the
> secondary?

You're probably right, it is during the initial startup.  I assumed it was
during a zone transfer because I figured that is the first thing it would
do.  Your message helped solve the problem...read on.

> Sounds like what it says: The backup file named for each zone does not ha=
ve
> a valid zone in it (missing records).

I did not have a backup file named for any of the entries.  I made the
assumption that if I didn't put a file keyword in each zone block that it
would simply keep it all in memory.  I put a seperate backup file name for
each zone and that did the trick.

Thank you
John Aughey