Bind 9.1 resolver issue

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jan 22 23:55:44 UTC 2001

Why do you *need* nslookup to work remotely? nslookup sucks. One of its more
annoying traits is that it aborts if it can't reverse-resolve the address of
the nameserver(s) it is trying to use. dig and host omit this "feature".
Chances are you haven't set up reverse resolution for the
(non-loopback) address of the nameserver. That's why nslookup fails remotely.

- Kevin