named quits resolving certain domains

mike miller mikem at ndtel.com
Tue Jan 23 15:07:53 UTC 2001

Here is a snippet from the named.conf file:

options {
        directory "/var/named/";

        // query-source address * port 53;
};

logging {
        channel normal_logs {
                severity info;                  // level 3 debugging to
file
                file "/var/adm/named";          // foo
                print-time yes;                 // timestamp log entries
                print-category yes;             // print category name
                print-severity yes;             // print severity level
        };
        category default { normal_logs; };
};

zone "." {
        type hint;
        file "cache.ndb";
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "networks/127.0.0.ndb";
};

zone "66.74.209.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "networks/209.74.66.ndb";
};

zone "laketoyota.com" {
        type master;
        file "master/laketoyota.com.ndb";
};

There are about 100 more domains in this file.
The cache.ndb file is the named.root text as taken off of the internic
ftp site FTP.RS.INTERNIC.NET.
This is the master server conf running on a sparc E3500 with 2 gig of
ram and 4 processors.
We are not using forwarding at this time, but from looking at the
documentation it would seem to make much more sense.
Also I have very limited security and am looking at adding an ACL for
zone transfers, would there be any other security concerns?