how to check how many domains hosted by some ISP's DNS servers?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jan 23 22:42:08 UTC 2001

There's no way within the DNS protocol to determine this. Feel free to pr=
opose
a protocol extension. But, I have to ask, what is the incentive for any
nameserver to *provide* such information to the public at large? Seems li=
ke all
it can do is give potential crackers more information to work with. So ev=
en if
the protocol supported it, I doubt many admins would give out that inform=
ation.

Heck, many admins are even paranoid about giving out their BIND version...

- Kevin

Chris wrote:

> Thanks, i just demo it. but it's not what i need. I mean i want to know=
 HOW