? HMMM in.addr.arpa

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Jan 25 18:19:31 UTC 2001

In article <94pobe$t5v at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Mathias Körber <mathias at koerber.org> wrote:
>> 1 PTR     l27.0.0.1
>
>The argument to the PTR record is a hostname, not an IP address:

Not to mention that the 1 in 127 is entered as l, i.e. a lowercase L.
Seems like whoever entered that learned to type about 30 years ago, before
they added the 1 to the QWERTY keyboard (in those days, l was used for both
1 and lower-L, and ! was typed by overstriking ' and .).

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA