DNS and DHCP

Kenneth Porter shiva at well.com
Fri Jan 26 03:05:49 UTC 2001

Garrett <midtowng at deja.com> wrote in <94qbt7$6od at pub3.rc.vix.com>:

>  I thought that BIND 8.2x could handle dynamic DNS?
>In fact I am sure that the O'Reilly book says it can. Does anyone
>know differently?

I'm using the almost-latest DHCP beta (3.0b2pl14) with BIND 8.2.2pl7. Seems
to work ok. There are some recommendations that if you use TSIG to sign
updates, you should use the key generator from BIND 9, as it provides more
randomness in the key. 'Twould be nice if that component were available
separately for those of us who don't want all of BIND 9 yet.