ACL Error

Smith, William E., Jr. Bill.Smith at jhuapl.edu
Mon Jan 29 15:16:43 UTC 2001

I've modified my named.conf on one of my secondaries to include the _
domains for W2K.  I set an ACL up such that only the W2K DC's would update
it.  After modified named.conf and rehupping named, the following errors got
logged for each of the subdomains I created:

Jan 29 10:08:29 server.domain.edu named[25491]:
/opt/bind822/etc/named.conf:130: syntax error near zone

Jan 29 10:08:29 server.domain.edu named[25491]:
/opt/bind822/etc/named.conf:114: zone filename already set; skipping

Jan 29 10:08:29 apldns1.jhuapl.edu named[25491]:
/opt/bind822/etc/named.conf:115: zone update acl already set; skipping

I simply copied and pasted what I had for one of the other _ domains I had
and modified them for the appropriate zone name.  I created an ACL and then
referenced it via the allow-update statement.
Perhaps I'm missing something here but why is it complaining about me having
an update acl already set when that is for a different zone? I originally
had only created the _msdcs domain as a test and was simply adding the rest.
Things worked fine with only _msdcs.  I've included what I just added/caused
the error.  Perhaps I'm missing something here staring me right in the face
but I don't see it at the moment.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill