compiling bind 9.1.0 inplace of a redhat rpm

Bob Vance bobvance at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Jan 29 18:01:26 UTC 2001

FWIW (and this doesn't answer your question, directly) :

What I do is create a "instdir" in the local/src/bind/bind-xxx
directory (same level as the "src" build directory) and set DESTDIR to
that.  Then I can see everything that wants to be installed and where it
would go.  Then I can copy it manually -- it's not that much, at least
for 8.x.

This also allows me to easily keep all the previous binaries, in case I
want to fall back.  I delete "src", but keep the binaries and the
compressed distros.

If you want to check where the current files are, you can do a
'find / -name ...' on each file that shows up in "instdir".

Or... simply do a 'rpm -q --list ...' on the rpm :)

Tks        | <mailto:BVance at sbm.com>
BV         | <mailto:BobVance at alumni.caltech.edu>
Sr. Technical Consultant,  SBM, A Gates/Arrow Co.
Vox 770-623-3430           11455 Lakefield Dr.
Fax 770-623-3429           Duluth, GA 30097-1511