Bind 9.1 Question

Willis L. Sarka wlsarka at the-republic.org
Tue Jan 30 00:13:16 UTC 2001

With dig, it gives the same type of responses.  Although 9.1 might not
support it, I was under the impression that nslookup use is decprecated,
not
completely removed all together.  I'm not too terribly familiar with dig,
but just typing "dig" at the prompt produces this:

[root at news doc]# dig

; <<>> DiG 9.1.0 <<>>
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 28309
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;.				IN	NS

;; Query time: 10 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Tue Jan 30 00:11:57 2001
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 17

Notice the "REFUSED" part still?  This is what I'm having trouble with...
Again, it's probably really braindead what I'm missing, but I'm not seeing
it.

If anyone has a look at the named.conf snippet I sent earlier, please tell
me what option I'm missing or need to axe.

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Nguyen, Andy wrote:

> nslookup is not supported in Bind 9.1.  Use dig instead.

Those, who would give up essential liberty to
purchase a little temporary safety, deserve
neither liberty nor safety.

-Ben Franklin
Historical Review of Constitution and
Government of Pennsylvania