Bind 8.2.3 question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jan 30 03:58:54 UTC 2001

I don't understand your question. BIND isn't a file-transfer package; it's a
nameserver. The only fuzzy sense in which BIND "request[s] ... files" is if it
is configured as a slave for certain DNS zones, but in that case it only
requests *zone*transfers* (by zone name, not file name) and the names of the
files in which it stores the *results* of those zone transfers is completely
user-configurable. It's also unlikely that your nameserver is successfully
configured as a slave for root, edu, gov, mil and arpa, since zone transfer
access to those zones is undoubtedly highly restricted.

Please clarify how your nameserver is configured and exactly what behavior you
are trying to disable.

- Kevin