Bind 9.1 Question

Willis L. Sarka wlsarka at the-republic.org
Tue Jan 30 16:13:52 UTC 2001

For what it's worth, I'm running Bind 9.1 on a RedHat 6.2 box, 2.4.0
kernel installed.  I have stopped named via rndc control (rndc stop), and
then started it with the following arguments:

/usr/local/sbin/named -u named -t /var/named

I'm running this chroot, obviously, and under user "named".  I don't
_know_ if that makes a difference, but it might.  From what I gather from
the documentation, Bind 9.x had problems running chroot under some 2.4
test kernels, but should be fine after 2.4.0-test9 or so (I'm using
2.4.0).  I also did the standard "./configure, make, make install" with
the bind 9.1 source, no special flags at all.

So, you see nothing wrong, per se, with my named.conf file then?  Perhaps
the information I've offered here will be of more assistance.

Thanks,
Will Sarka