error updating 8.2.3 ???

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Jan 30 23:34:47 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 03:28:23PM -0600, Ramón Alvarez Rayo wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> i was updating my dns server from 8.2.2.P7 to 8.2.3, all process of
> compilation is Ok, but when i restart i get the following messages for all
> my databases:
>
> Jan 30 15:09:12 ns named[1921]: primario/holidayinn.dat:1: unexpected end
> of line
>
> and the server can´t resolv any query, because that reasons i get back to
> 8.2.2p7.
>
> so what´s the problem ?? how can i solve this one ??

Read all of the preceding messages on this mailing list with similar
subject lines.  ;-}

Instead of:
@	IN	SOA	...
(
	values
)

you MUST have the open parenthesis '(' on the first line!  It is a flag
that the following lines are continuation lines, until the closing
parenthesis.

Also, before the SOA line, you should insert a "$TTL	1d" line or the
like.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B