Bind 9.1.0 slave problem

Owen McShane omcshane at vianetworks.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 15:51:47 UTC 2001

Hi,

we have a slave server which I am trying to upgrade to Bind-9.1.0

Once I had managed to fix the numerous errors in the named.conf file, the
server attempted to do it's transfers, but reported the following:

/opt/named/sbin/named[22932]: dns_zone_load: zone somedomain.com/IN: could not
find NS and/or SOA records
/opt/named/sbin/named[22932]: dns_zone_load: zone somedomain.com/IN: has 0 SOA
records
/opt/named/sbin/named[22932]: dns_zone_load: zone somedomain.com/IN: no NS
records

for every single domain it is secondary for, irrespective of which master it
was trying to transfer the domain from.

Is this something to do with the master servers' zones not having the $TTL at
the start of the zone? (They are running earlier versions of Bind)

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks,

Owen

--