Segfault problem in 9.1.0

Bill Larson wllarso at swcp.com
Wed Jan 31 21:16:52 UTC 2001

A "sig-11" error on an Intel platform isn't unknown.  This error is
possibly due to a hardware memory error on your system.  See
<http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/> for more information about this.

Note, a sig-11 is commonly encountered when compiling a Linux kernel,
as initally talked about in the referenced site.  This sig-11 has
nothing specifically to do with Linux, kernel, or compiling - it is
the result of interactions between the processor and RAM on an Intel
system.

Sig-11 errors are common when an Intel processor is working heavily, and
there is a communication problem (timing, etc.) with the RAM.  It would
sound like bind-9 is causing your processor to work much harder than
previous versions of bind.  Interesting!

Bill Larson