duplicate notify

Hannah O Day hoyoung at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 2 15:08:23 UTC 2001

All,

I have one master and one slave and a dhcp server that updates the master
ddns server.  I got the duplicate notify entry all the time in the master
for the zones that it's authoritative for.  Here is what from the syslog:
Jul  2 07:53:43 ddnsb named[6192]: suppressing duplicate notify
("test1.com" IN SOA)
Jul  2 07:53:43 ddnsb named[6192]: suppressing duplicate notify
("10.10.in-addr.arpa" IN SOA)

I see the msg repeats every second.  What's going on here?  Where is the
duplication coming from?
I'm running BIND8.2.3 on both master and slave

Thanks!
Hannah