Configuring Bind for use with OpenNIC

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jul 5 16:58:33 UTC 2001

Why on earth would OpenNIC want everyone to be a slave of the root zone? Don't
they realize that whenever the root zone changes, this means *everyone* who is
running a recent version of BIND will NOTIFY *all* of the root nameservers? I
suspect they're getting swamped with NOTIFY traffic every time they change the
zone. Bad design decision, I'd say.

- Kevin